Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Missing

I am missing my kid. I am so alone this week and next. Yes, I have my parents right upstairs and friends around the corner but its not the same as having my kid in the next room snoring away.

Yesterday, I didn't go to work. And I went for 6 hours without uttering one single word! There were text messages but that is not the same.

I have 3 more days till my boy comes home for the weekend and then will be gone again. What was I thinking to agree to let him go for so long? I was thinking of the fact that summer camp was over and I needed a babysitter for him and his dad is pretty good at babysitting. Not at being a father but babysitting.

I am pretty good at living my life when Jacob is around. But what do I have in my life when he's not around. Not much.

God I miss my kid! Is it Friday yet?