Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Beach!

I love going to the beach. Its so relaxing, especially without the kid. He loves to ride the waves and that doesn't give me much time to relax and read my book.

Yesterday, my best friend and I took the day off and went to the beach! No kids, no work, nothing but beach! We went right down to the water, which was quite a hike! Wildwood beach is such a LONG walk from the boardwalk to the ocean. We set up our chairs and put on the sunscreen and laid back to doze. ahhh. Lovely. Just laying there drifting, dreaming and listening to other peoples kids yelling happily with the ocean crashing in the background. Very nice.

When we got too hot, we walked into the ocean. It was a nice temperature, refreshing. Not the bone numbing feeling we get when we swim in February!

Since Neicy doesn't swim and it would be all my fault if she drowned, we didn't go in very far. Just far enough to be able to say that we went into the ocean while at the beach.

When we got back to the chairs we flipped sides and baked our backs. I tried to read my book but it was a good chance to just sit there and people watch. Check out who looked good in their bathing suits and who really shouldn't have worn that one! lol

Eventually, we decided that we were baked enough and headed up to the boards. We put everything in the car and got ice cream! YUM. Since I can't drive and eat ice cream at the same time, we walked the boards. We didn't think we were going to be that long but Neicy had strap marks from her flip flops on her feet from walking on the boards. The sun was FIERCE yesterday.

When I got home, I showered and realized how baked I am! lol The places I have had exposed to the sun already this summer are not too bad. But my tummy is pretty tender. Its better today but sleeping last night was not fun. I would get cold and cover up, then the covers would hurt the burn and everytime I would move, I would manage to rub my tummy.

So, when I go to Disney in a 10 days, I will be putting on Sunscreen EVERY day before we head out!

Overall, the beach was a great idea! We'll have to do it again sometime!