Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Success!!

Today has turned out to be a GREAT day! I sit here with tears running down my face thinking how wonderful I am feeling! How proud I am of my son!
Think back 4 years ago: I remember sitting in the Drs office telling him about Jacob's symptoms and filling out the evaluation forms and watching Jacob taking tests. I remember the Dr telling me he needs therapy, the room spinning and the panic setting in. Oh Man! Where am I going to find a therapist, where am I going to find the time, where am I going to find the money! Oh, screw the money, this is my child we are talking about, I WILL find it. I will starve, I will rob a bank! My child will get WHAT he NEEDS!
And as I sit here babbling, you just want to know why I am crying! Here you go (drum roll......................................)
Today was Jacob's last day of therapy!! He has been successfully discharged and sent on his way!
Today, I will remember sitting here crying for all the progress he has made, all the HARD work HE has put into making this work, all the hours in the car going to therapy, and all the parenting practice! He is a wonderful boy, who will be a success in his life!