Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work after almost 2 weeks off. As there is no one to do my job whenI get back, I had a ton of mail and other stuff to get caught up on (5 Voicemails and 79 emails! UGH!) When I left for vacation I was REALLY looking forward to being off with J. There is a lot of stress at work between certain personnel and lots of harassment charges being lobbied about. This makes for a stressful place to be and vacation was looking quite good! lol

Normally, I LOVE my job. Actually, I still love my JOB just not the stupid people who are trouble makers. In a sick sort of way, I was looking forward to getting back to work today. And other than being totally busy digging out, it was pretty good.
So I start digging through everything on my desk and computer only to be smacked in the face (not literally) by a co-worker who has been causing a lot of the troubles. I could feel my stress level rising. My head and shoulders were aching from being hunched up and finally it was time to LEAVE for the day. HOOOOOOOOORAY!!

On the drive home, I was singing to music and trying to de-stress when my phone rings. It's J telling me to avoid a certain road cause Grandpop is heading there to block it off so the fire fighters can douse a house fire. I just had to smile cause J was thinking of me and wanting me to get home safely and quickly.

Then while dinner is cooking, I checked my facebook page and there is a message to check out a blog. Now, I make a regular habit of checking Denise's Blog because it makes me smile. I love hearing about her day with her kids and especially her 365 days of grace. She posted to all her bloggy friends about my craziness of plunging in the ocean in February to raise money for Special Olympics. All the nice things that she said about me in her blog just made me cry!!

After the stressful day I had today, knowing that Denise cares enough to post about lil ole ME in her blog made me feel almost as good as getting a hug from J! Thanks so much for a perfect ending to a crappy day!

PS: My first attempt at linking in my posts! Hope they work!!