Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Furniture

Hummmmm. It's taken me over a year to find new furniture that fit into my new apartment. Well, not so new apartment anymore, since we have been there for over a year. My home. I love living here. Not only because of the awesome location by the river, the good experience with the local school, the affordability, the WARMTH and security of not having to pay the heating bill but because it's MY OWN place. I moved from my parents house in with my then boyfriend and eventual husband. Once divorced, I got the house. Not that it was much. Every room needed to be finished from the work my ex started. It needed new windows and roof for warmth and protection. I just could not afford to keep it. So I sold out.

This is MY place. Yes, I have to share it with my son, but it is MY place. I pay the rent, I decorated it MY way, I clean it (with help from dear son) and I live in MY HOME. This little place feels so much more like a home than my falling down house ever did. Not during the entire 11 years that I lived there.

Ok therapy session is over. Back to the new furniture. Moved from my house to my new home over a year ago and settled in with the old furniture from the old place. I have been looking off and on this year for stuff that I liked, was comfortable, fit into the room (it's a small room!) and all for a price I was willing to pay. So this week, I went for a walk with my best friend Niecie and walked past a furniture store. In the window was MY FURNITURE! And on sale too! We went into the store so I could set on my new furniture. Here I am in the window sitting, laying and checking out my furniture for all walking and driving down Broadway to see me! It was great. The best part: It's PAID for!!

So one of the last piece of my old life is going out the door tomorrow and moving in will be a continuation of my new lovely life! Pictures tomorrow! Plus a post about curtain shopping! My purple curtains just are not going to match the new furniture!