Friday, November 14, 2008

Winning at Work

Yesterday at work was a BUSY day. Not only was it my first day in my main office with my boss in about a week and a half, but we also received award announcements for lots of proposals I have submitted over the past couple of months.

At the end of the summer, I wrote 13 proposals for various services my agency to provide throughout South Jersey. The agency was awarded 4 out of 13. When it is put that way, it seems disappointing. When you look at the money awarded, meaning we have more than doubled the budget for next year with this awards, it puts you on top of the world and doing your happy dance!

In addition to the announcements for those proposals, another funder announced their awards, which was another pot of money for my agency! Happy Dance continues!

Not only did I write winning proposals, but the residents of South Jersey have won also. They will be the recipients of wonderful self-esteem, communication skills, and family building programming.

Congrats South Jersey residents!