Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday After a Monday Holiday.

Aspergers kids NEED routines. If these routines are changed, it could cause chaos in the AS kids' brain. So, on a Tuesday after a Monday Holiday, I never know what to expect of Jacob and his day at school. It could range from a complete waste of everyone's time for him to be there because he just cannot keep it together or it could mean an exceptional day with absolutely NO problems. Today was a Tuesday after a Monday Holiday that was a day of NO problems! His teacher commented to me today that it was like he was a "normal" kid in her class! YAY!

So. What did I do yesterday that prepared him so adequately for today? Who knows! Since I am no scientist who knows how his brain works, I will just have to take the good with the bad! As we all do each day.
BUT, I have to admit that I love Good days better than the bad ones. :)