Today is my first Blog. A friend told me that it's like free therapy. Thought I would give it a try! lol
I am Mom to Jacob, an Aspergers Kid. We have worked with his Dr. and therapists to help with his most pressing problems, like impulsive hitting and many others. He is in regular classes at school with an aide and gets pulled out for speech therapy and counseling. He is also in a social skills group outside of school and we will start swim lessons twice per week again in December.
I have done all I can to make sure Jacob has the tools to function to his highest capabilities in today's world.
His father on the other hand, doesn't even believe in the diagnosis. He has made it clear that he could never make a defective child, it's all my fault that Jacob is like he is. His father will not apply any of the strategies that help Jacob, he won't even keep a schedule when Jacob visits. This makes it difficult for Jacob to transition back into my home and it even affects school on Mondays and some Tuesdays.