Monday, November 10, 2008

November is NOT nice to Working Parents

As a single mom who must work outside the house, November is a scary and stressful month. NJ schools are out more than they are in session.
This is very stressful to me. What do I do with my son when school is out and I have to work. Bring him in! says my boss. Cool. That works for most of the days that he is out of school but what about this day that I have a meeting out of the office? Ask your parents! says my boss. Ok, that one won't work. They both have to work and don't have bosses that will let them bring in their kids let alone their grandkids. So, I frantically search for a babysitter, asking family, friends and almost resorting to asking strangers!
Yes, I have a great boss. She may be demanding and needy at times but she SO gets the struggles of a working parent. She is flexible with my schedule, allowing me to bring Jacob to work, work from home or work on weekends if that is what it takes for me to get the job done while working around supervising Jacob.
What are the chances that we could have November removed from the calendar? I will get started on the petition once I find a babysitter for Wednesday! ;)