Monday, August 10, 2009

Manic Monday

Although it was a bit of a crazy Monday, it was still a good one. The morning went well with Jacob getting ready in record time with no nagging from Mom! Woo ho! Of course, I have been floating on happy feelings left over from the weekend most of the day! ;)

I went to work, where craziness ensued! Everyone wanted to sign up with us today! Since I am filling in for the receptionist in this office, I got very little of my work completed. I will have to bust butt tomorrow when I am in my normal office.

Here's where the Manic part comes in........ On the way home from getting Jacob, I got a text that the electric was out! Thanks, Denise!

Ok. No big deal. We loose electric if the ships going by on the river blows their horn. It always comes right back on. Besides, since the stove is electric, we will just go out to dinner with my parents! Easy Peazy!

Denise let me know the electric company was estimating a 5 AM return! Are YOU KIDDING me???!?!?!?!? Wonderful.

So I get home and check in with my Dad. He is calling places to eat to see who has electric. I start panicking because what am I going to do without electric til the MORNING?!??!?! And what if they LIED to me and its not on in the morning! ACCK!

Deep breath. No electric means no water. No flushing. I won't go CAMPING because there is usually no flushing! OH HOLY CRAP! No flushing in my own home! HELP!

Then it dawns on me. No electric means no Internet. No email. No facebook or twitter. No IMing! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw food. Find me a hotel! I need flushing AND my Internet! NOW!

Dad tells me to get a hold of myself and get in the car. We go to dinner. On the way to dinner, I am texting with at least 4 people getting and giving info about the power outage.

Denise texts that they changed the estimated turn on to 7 pm. I LOVE THAT (and her for the good news!) I could stay home and still have internet and flushing tonight! YES! Best news I heard ALL day!

We get to Cracker Barrel and Denise texts me that the electric is back on! WOO HOO!! YES! Life is GREAT again! Let's hope the power grid can take tomorrows heat wave better than it did today!


Just give me flushing and internet and all is good!