Saturday, January 24, 2009

Solomn Start Today

Ok. This morning I am going to spend a few quiet moments remembering my mother. See, today is the 10th anniversary of her passing. I remember this morning like it was yesterday. I got up when my then hubby got home from working the night shift. I had to pee. But since I was 9 months pregnant, I always had to pee!

Got showered and dressed and was in the kitchen making my breakfast when I saw my dad and Aunt Auds walking up the walkway. Since they both were at my house, I knew it meant that Mom was at peace.

They came in and told me she had gone cradled in Dad's arms, that the undertaker and hospice nurse were at the house taking care of things. Dad invited us to breakfast and only I went. Hubby wanted to sleep.

My brother and his wife met us at the diner. It really was very unemotional, more of a relief. Mom had fought the cancer for 10 years, was in great pain and only in the past week slipped into a coma but still seemed to be suffering from the pain of the disease. But finally, she was at peace. She is always around me, Jacob looks just like her! But more than that she is protecting me and my family.

So today, I will have a few quiet moments to remember and rejoice her life. After that, it's time to bless my house (need to clean the litter box, Yuck!) and then bless my body (have some extra fat to clean out there too!)

I love you Mom!