I sit here typing to you yet I have a MILLION things to do before I leave tomorrow at 5 AM. Ouch.
I am supposed to be getting ready for Disney tomorrow. Part of that is laundry, which I have started. YAY me! The other part is cleaning my house. My Mom always said that your house should be relatively clean before vacation. You never know who will be breaking in and its so much better to come home to a clean house. She always emphasized to clean out the fridge. eeww. The thought of stuff growing being the first thing that greets me at home gives me shudders.
So I have been planning all week on how to empty out my fridge. I didn't buy milk or bread when I ran out and I have not cooked anything significant this week. I now sit in a house without milk, tea, juice or bread. I have a bottle of coke (soda!) and bottled water in the fridge. There also is nothing to eat for breakfast. I did manage to find a stale pop tart which I am washing down with a bottle of water. The though of bubbles in my drink so early in the morning just wasn't a pleasant thought.
Vacation Preparation also includes prepping Jacob for his first flight and of course the week at Disney. He has stayed in many hotels over the years so I don't have to explain THAT. But I wanted him to be prepared for the flying experience as much as I can tell him about. The more he knows, the less likely the Aspergers will trouble us. If he has time to process things and kinda knows what to expect, things go SO much smoother.
While snuggled up in his bed last night, I described what would happen from the time we get to the airport till we take off in the plane. I also told him about some of the rules on a plane and that they would go over them better when we are on the plane. Today, while we are packing I will try to give him an idea of what we will do once we get to Orlando and how we will get to the hotel. After we check in at the hotel, we are on our own to go see and do what we want!
I am taking my list of things people want me to bring back for them. Kathy wants Mickey. That one might be hard to pull off. lol
Well, time to get moving! Disney and Mickey, here we come! Your world will not be the same after we get there!