Monday, December 29, 2008

Traditions

The holiday season is full of traditions, yours, mine and all the others. Jacob and I started a tradition probably 6 years ago. For the past 6 years, I have been able to take vacation the week between Christmas and New Years and not have to worry about a babysitter or day care while I worked and he was off of school.

So we started taking an overnight trip to Ocean City, MD to see their light display. I go the first weekend in December with "the girls" and see them. One year, I thought "HEY! Jacob would LOVE this!" So for about $50 we get a room on the board walk with an ocean view, spend one night and see the lights. They are the BEST!

And it's good Mommy and Me time! Jacob looks forward to it and even had no problems leaving the Wii at home for the trip!

I can't wait for it to get dark so we can go to the lights!